• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98 xj in Northern WI - $5500

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
P9240137.jpg

P9240149.jpg

- 4.0L HO Engine breathing through an ARB snorkel and custom canister air cleaner
- Borla Stainless Steel header and cat back
- AW4 automatic transmission
- A/C, Cruise, Tilt Wheel, Power door locks, Power Windows
- Sun Roof
- NP 231 T-Case w/6pinion planetary, 1.25” wide chain and sprockets and Advance Adapters Heavy Duty Slip Yoke Eliminator
- Tom Woods Heavy Duty Driveshafts
- Custom shortened (at home) high pinion Dana 44 front axle with 4.88 gears, ARB air operated locking differential and Warn Premium lockout hubs – 6 bolt wheel pattern
- Warn Front inner and outer 4340 alloy axle shafts with Longfield bushinged, Cryo'd, greasable 760 u-joints
- Dana 44 rear axle with 4.88 gears, ARB air operated locking differential and disk brakes – 6 bolt wheel pattern
- Dutchman 1541 Alloy rear axle shafts
- 15x7 Grand Wagoneer aluminum rims
- 35x12.5x15 BFG AT tires
- Custom 7 inch lift
o Rubicon express ZJ coils in the front
o High Clearance Long arm 3 link front suspension
o Dodge 1500 truck rear leaf springs with full length additional main leaf
o Bilstein Shocks
- Custom frame rail sliders/stiffeners/protectors
- Custom rocker panel rock sliders
- On-Board engine driven air compressor (York)
- Optima Yellow Top battery
- Custom front and rear bumpers
- Performance Metal Works door and rear quarter cladding
- 159,000mi

This rig is a fine daily driver and crawler. I sleeved the frame rails with 4x6x.25 box tubing cut in half and bolted through the frame with welded in sleeves. Front and rear bumpers are custom built by me using 0.25 or 0.188 box steel. Rear lower quarters have been cut and bent to form a flat side and flat bottom. Rear Performance Metal Works quarter cladding has been modified to skin to the bottom of the modified rear quarter. Rear bumper wraps around the quarter as well. Rear springs are Dodge 1500 packs installed backwards with new through the frame front spring hanger bolts. 2" lift block adjusts axle position as well. Tires tuck centered in wheel well. Front suspension is a custom built long arm three link with a crossmember that is flush with the bottom of the frame rails. The crossmember also incorporates a custom t-case skid. The lower links use larger Rubicon Express joints and are 2x.25" DOM. Upper link uses Currie Johnny Joints and is 1.25"x.188 DOM I believe. Steering uses 1/2Ton Chevy tie rod ends and drag link ends. Drag link, Tie Rod, and Track Bar are all straight. Track bar uses small Rubicon Express Joints. Rear axle is a 89 Grand Waggy housing with Dutchman shafts, late model Chevy rotors and small GM calipers mounted via custom bolt on caliper brackets. Front axle is a '75 Ford High Pinion Dana 44 shortened to use Waggy axle shafts. It has 2" of lift built into the coil mounts. The XJ has about 7" of lift. The Catalytic Convertor is wrapped with steel strap to help keep it from crushing on rocks. The xj also has a rear skid plate and trailer hitch with factory 7 pin trailer wiring. The xj has some bumps and bruises as well as a little rust here and there, but it is SOLID and works well.

Photo album of Jeep as it sits right now: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z94/fourliter/98 xj for sale/

The Jeep is located in Northern WI (Butternut), but delivery could be worked out to pretty much anywhere. Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 715 762 2490 if interested. Jeff[/QUOTE]

Back