• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 XJ Build Up Thread (Pics)

rescuejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I will be updating this as I go along:

Starting with a '95 XJ Sport, 4.0 Auto, NP242 w/ 138K. I have owned the Jeep since 2001, but had little time to put much work into it up until now.

Here's the game plan:

-4.5" RE Super Flex Kit
-32" Pro Comp AT's
-15x8 Soft 8's
-Shims and TC drop, I'm going to delay the SYE for now
-Gut the interior and herculine it
-Trim fenders up even w/ grill
-New rocker panels
-Repaint it either forest green or hugger orange, with black bottom

Here's the before shot (forgot to take pic before putting it on jack stands :brickwall )

The first order of business is installing new rocker panels, the old ones are shot!

DSCF1267.jpg

(Cheapest place I found the rockers was at www.rockauto.com they were $108 shipped for the pair)

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1258.jpg

I removed the doors so it would make the rocker panel install easier, and also for when I repaint

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

DSCF1263.jpg

More to follow......stay tuned

**The jack stands on the blocks was only for today, I did not have another set of bigger stands with me from home**

Also, does anyone know how many leafs are in a 3.5" RE spring pack, and how tall in inches 4.5 coil springs are? I'm just trying to figure out what shackle and spacer (if any) I will need before installing?

I would like to run 31's since they are cheaper, better on stock gearing, but I may have too much lift for a 31" tire.

Nasty may be too good of a word to describe this mess! Haha All you have to do is touch it and it falls apart! Good ole' PennDot and their fabulous salt spray! I should send them a bill for the carnage they caused. My father in law has a 2001 Dodge Ram w/ 20k miles and practically everything on the undercarriage was rotted out already.

As it looks, I may end up having to weld in some floor panels too, but that may come in the spring time. I have enough work to keep me busy for now.

I really wanted to weld tubular steel in there, but I'm not a welder, and my dad thought it would be a big PIA welding in tubular steel. Oh well, maybe next time I guess?

The updates will continue

I have the RE 4.5 SF kit, but I think the shackle is larger than 1" probably more like 2" so I was thinking about putting a 3/4" shackle on, but the front may end up sitting higher?

If anyone has any pics of a 4.5" lift w/ 31's could you please post a link?? Thanks

rescuejeeper said:
I would like to run 31's since they are cheaper, better on stock gearing, but I may have too much lift for a 31" tire.

yeah i have 32s on my jeep with 3.5" and i only had to trim the front a little bit. granted the lift is only a few months old and may not have settled all the way, but even then i think i'll be fine. so i personally think 31s would be too small for how much you want to lift it.

i can definitely notice a lack of power with the 32s and stock gearing, but its really not that bad. the only time its realllyyy annoying is on mountain roads with long inclines. hth

Back