• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not enough Power in steering. (pics)

jasn123456

NAXJA Forum User
So i recently bought my xj and it has OTK steering and when i take it off road it dosent have enough power steering at all. It wines and screams. Im only running 31 BFG MT. any suggestions i was thinking hydro bc i want to up grade to 33s and there would be no way that this steerin setup would turn 33s. ANY INPUT?

have you checked the fluid yet?

the whine and scream is your PS pump running dry

id get a new one btw, and a steering box to be safe

Is that a 4" Drop pitman, with another 1 inch custom drop on that draglink with stock trac bar bracket and stock trackbar cut and welded?:D
Yea sounds like the steering pump.

damn that drop pitman looks long lol but fill it up and see if it does better you may have a small leak and want to try a new box. Im running 35 claws and mine is doing fine.

I just checked my fluid and it was full. I dont think that there is a leak either. it wines at full lock or when it cant turn the wheels when off roading. the steerin is all custom. any other suggestions?

Wow, I'll bet that drives super on road.

Put a pump on it. BTW, it will make noise when you continue to try to turn at full lock, that's normal.

Am I missing something? That's not OTK steering. Sure the draglink is over the knuckle, but the tierod is under. I am running 36" TSL's with a JCR UTK setup and have no problems whatsoever. All I'm running is the stock steering box. You may have something binding in the steering. If it isn't the fluid, as already mentioned.

Back