• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wheel Parts

gigage

NAXJA Forum User
Just a short rant, a couple of weeks ago I orderered replacement bushings for some ProComp leaf springs. When I placed the order I made sure the guy new I needed a full set, front and back , both sides. He said he understood. When they arrived by UPS sure enough one set. I called and let them know, they said they would get the other set overnighted to me. This was on Wed. by Friday still no bushings, I called them back and what do you know, they mistakenly didn't get ordered. I told Mike that this was going to put me back at least a week on the lift install, he apologized.

So, trying to be fair, and understanding that mistakes happen, I ask him what kind of deal he would make me on installing just the coil springs, and replacing the bushings in the leafs and then putting them on. He paused, then blurted out $100.00. I said for that price we would be even.

The morning I got over to the store in west FW, things started to happen, first he had to remind me of what a good deal I was getting, (NOW HE MADE THE DEAL), I didn't. Then he came back and said something about the size of the springs being different, then he made another trip to tell me that replacing the bushings were going to be harder than he thought so, what he told me was going to be a two hour job, wouldn't be done until late afternoon. This all happened within 10 minutes of them pulling the Jeep into the shop.

Then he comes back and tells me that his mech. couldn't do the job because of corperate policy, because I hadn't purchased the full kit. Now this is just for a 3" lift. So I say forget it, get in the Jeep and leave. Having wasted another day due to 4WHEEL PARTS.

What I told them was, I didn't like being told something and then being scammed into spending more money. What I think happened, is Mike felt guilty about messing up the bushing order, spouted off something that he new nothing about, and when his manager found out about it, he told told him they wouldn't honor that deal. So either piss him off so he'll leave or make him buy more parts.

To close, I took the bushings and the leaf springs over to Jeff, at No limits. He had the old ones out and the new ones in in 45 minutes, And I had the lift put on by myself in the garage in about 6 hours. The Jeep drives fine, and I see no problems so far. Certainly none of the horror stories the mechanic at 4Wheel Parts was trying to lay on me. I waited 2 weeks to post this so I could see how the lift performed.

JUST FREAKIN' TELL ME THE TRUTH IN THE FIRST PLACE, I actually might have still had them do the lift. Just had to let people know my opinion. :paperwork

Back