• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mudding, never got stuck...while driving thru the mud anyways

its an xj thing

NAXJA Forum User
well, me and a couple of friends went out tonight and went mudding up in the mountains. my jeep, a dodge dakota, a toyota tacoma, and a chevy whatever it was.

we all went up and had fun in a giant puddle for a while, first, the dakota got stuck more times than miles it drove up there. lol.

the chevy only went thru it twice and did ok.

the tacoma went thru a ton of times and never got stuck. it did awsome. although on its last run thru it pushed the radiator onto the fan and it was done

then the jeep went thru a ton of times too, and never got stuck once. then we went to go to another spot, and i noticed that the voltmeter was getting lower and lower, and it eventually wouldnt run past an idle anymore, causing me to leave it there for the night. go figure that it wouldnt get stuck in the mud, but it got stuck on a gravel road.:bs:

anyways, a nice story to tell all of you.

gotta get the jeep early in the morning unfortunatly.

-matt-

yeh i have had that happened a few times...had to actually replace it once, but went and got a bigger amperage one and seems to hold all my accessories better too

Mine has been close to that before. Here is what worked for me in the past but it is really not a good Idea. Rev the motor up to 5k then back to 2 then 5 then 3 while in neutral. It has worked when I have been back far away and had to go through more puddles on the way back. This is really not as good a letting it dry out throughly and really bad for an engine. I also had to replace my belt following one of those trips since it popped out and over a groove. AGAIN THIS IS REALLY NOT A GOOD THING...but it worked.

well, do you think it would be a good idea to hose it down with some electrical cleaner before i leave the spot that i parked it? i dont want to get up there and start it up and then have it die part way out too. that would suck.

Start it.

Crawl under.

Smack the back of the alt with a object, like a hammer, smartly.

Watch your eyes!

The mud will fly out the vents and all we be well.

Rev

Back