• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle and gearing qquestion

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
Ok...... I have found several C8.25 rear axles at the local U-Pull It, and lots of Dana 30's as well. One of the donors is a 4 cyl. Auto. Does that mean its axles should have 4.10s if they are stock? The owner is a good friend, and I can get my hands on these dirt cheap. I am thinking about buying them all, but I definately want to get the ones from the 4 cyl. If it has 4.10s.

Posted from IPhone.

Quite a bit of the 4bangers were 4.10 equipped, but I'd still pop the diff and read the stamp on the ring gear to confirm it.

Well I guess I will just have to pull the diff cover at the Junkyard, and check it out the hard way. It should be stamped on the ring gear right?

Should be. Mine were.

I was hoping to go one day this week, but it might just have to wait until saturday. They close at 6, and I just don't know when I will be able to get out of here before 4 or so to go get'em. I swear sometimes being the boss is a burden. Even though I have the authority to leave whenever I want, it seems that I am always the last one to leave, usually well after closing time. LOL

Plus now that I sold my truck, I guess I am going to have to take a damned trailer to pick them up. My XJ isn't "mint" by any means, but I'd still rather not get Gear Oil all over the interior.

Back