• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

well now what

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
ok here is the story went weeling at evan creek a while ago meet greet .
and well got home and pulled jeep off trailer and park it next weekend went to start it and well realy hard start but finlaly started and wash it and then went to start and move in to grarge and well no start so pushed into grarge and well ask for some help from you guys and gave me some good things to try wellhere is what i did
repaced cps and well it started right up but then it ran like crap so
replaced iac and well nothing
replaced tps nothing
then cts nothing
took map off neighbor and nothing
new plug rotor cap wires
so finaly said that was enough took it in to a shop and well told me #three not firing raw fuiel bad injector so relaced and well nothing so took it to diferentshop put in on tester and well same thing #3is not firing and vacume is low so pulled off valve cover and well not a stuck push rod or broken spring and he said that the manifold is probaley leaking so know dont know what to do next any bodygot any thing or what
got 150 in that hole and spark but not burnig the gas

thanx rabbit:rof:

What kind of vehicle do you have?
have you checked your fuel pressure at the rail?

sounds like the control side of the injector is shorted to ground. dont know the wire color off hand, but test for voltage at the #3 injector connector with the key on. there should be +12 at one wire, and the other wire should show no voltage. thest the no voltage wire for continuity (ohm's). there should be none with the engine off. if you have continuity then there's a short in the injector harness between the pcm and the injector. hope this helps. pm if you have more questions...ill try to check in often.

Check for moisture in Cap Rotor and both boots, also check wire and make sure the gap on the plug is good. I run with friends in the river bed we have these issues almost everytime.

Cody

well check and their is 9.8 and 0 on resistent so now still have no idea and well put on tune up and same thing and well to much money in to it but will stll try tell i find out what the heck:repair:

When you say #3 is not firing, what exactly is the issue? To be more specific; Are you getting spark to #3 spark plug? (pull the plug and with it in the end of the #3 wire ground the tip of the plug on the block or something out of the way of rotating parts, and have someone turn over the engine and check if there is spark and if so, what color it is orange or white) If you are getting a strong spark (and you already checked for compression) then the issue is most likley in the fuel (which some have already suggested)

But before you through anymore random parts at it, isolate what is lacking. Compustion needs Air, fuel, spark, and compression. So first figure out which component is missing and address that specificly.

Unless you have a wierd random clog in your manifold that keep air from getting to just cyl #3 one would assume you have air.

You checked for compression so that is there.

Check for spark because it is easier than checking for fuel in just one cyl (unless someone knows a handy way to check it)

If you have spark (and it is strong) it means you need to trouble shoot the fuel system. If you do not have spark or it is very week then start there.

Good luck

sorry for the late respons but yes got spark and com 150 and fuel cause the plug is wet when i pull the plug wire off still runs the same swapp out plgs not it would the manifold gasket leak cause it not to burn gas in that hole

rabbit said:
sorry for the late response but yes got spark and com 150 and fuel cause the plug is wet when i pull the plug wire off still runs the same swap out plugs not it would the manifold gasket leak cause it not to burn gas in that hole

Not likely, it looks like your injector is bad (Stuck open) your continuity test can't tell that because thats a mechanical problem not an electrical one.

I would change that injector. Before you do that rent or buy a set of Noid lights, you plug the noid in with the injector and watch it "Flash" if it flashes every things with the computer is OK, if it don't light or stays lit all the time you have an electrical problem.

Last edited:
A quick test is to swap the drive connectors on the injectors and see if the problem tracks the injector or the connector.

The injector is driven by the ECU. If your rig still has C101 connector on the firewall above the brake booster, unplug and plug it a few times. This was covered under a TSB. If that does not do it, unplug and plug the connectors on the ECU a few times.

They make diagnostic lights for injectors. They are commonly called noid lights. You put them between the injector and the connector. You can see if the injector's are getting drive or not.

Also, once a plug gets really wet with gas, they tend to not fire under compression well if at all. A set of 99cent Champions is always an option.

If you have a long screwdriver, hold one end against the injector and the other against your ear. If it's moving mechanically, it should make a distinct ticking noise while running. If you're not sure what it should sound like, compare it to one of the other injectors. good luck

well took it to a freind on the island and put a tester on the hook ups inside the engin and well was a low on vacum said 4 lbs i think and well pulled out ingector and swapped it out and then tested it and well flashed like it should and the he said that he would start taking thing apart got to be vacum leak causeing problemor stuck vale but just dont make any sense

Back