• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Fuse problem

Kad

NAXJA Forum User
Hello guys, this is my first problem and already starting with a problem.

I own a 92 XJ and i cant seem to find where the problem is, i'll explain, some days ago i was driving in the highway at aroung 75mph when suddently all the lights from the dash\radio went off. i've checked the fuses in the drivers seat near the pedals, all ok. where else can i look for the solution ?

Many thanks from Portugal :wave1:

Kad.

Just a thought, I had a similiar problem when I bought my 1988 XJ, no dash lights, found out after a lot of frustration it was the light switch for the headlamps was faulty. Replaced it and all works like it should.

hello again

main fuse box under the hood all OK

if it was the light switch... would it afect the radio also ?

I don't know. My radio was missing when i bought her, I'd replaced the switch by the time I'd put the Alpine in. It could be a blown fuse (check the fusebox or replace the fuse even if it does look OK, they can sometimes become a gremlin:firedevil themselves). Good luck at hunting down the problem, someone else on here will more than likely know a lot more than me

my 89 did the same thing because the back of the fuse box was getting destroyed from clutch fluid dripping on the fuse block. fuses looked good but when tested, there was no power through the fuse. it would hit a bump while driving and lose power through the fuse. it was a bad connection in the back of fuse block.

i just discovered this very same problem in my 91, literally just happened tonight. went to turn on lights and the fuse blew, replaced and it blew instantly, even tried a 20A and it still blew. i have the dash ripped apart now, what where the solutions you guys found? also, my wipers decided not to turn on either. any clue why? where is the relay/ fuse for them and how do i test the relay?

Back