• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into getting a front bumper would like a winch bumper but with 2 kids it I may never get my winch the bumper will be hard enough. What are some nice looking and cheap in price (not quality) bumpers. I like tube bumpers better then the steel ones. I have checked out AJ TNT four realand protofab. I like the TNT and The four real best but the TNT is a little expensive and i think the four real sticks out a little to much but is cheaper. Any info on other company's with simmilar bumpers would be cool. Pictures would also help. Thank you

Just my opinion but...

I was in a similar situation and I bought a cheap, Rusty's front bumper with the 2" receiver. The bumper was $200 or less if I remember right and I figured I would by a Warn winch with the cradle and quick connects.

I am not a fan of Rusty's products as a couple have failed on me but this bumper is plenty stout. I also prefer the look of a winch-in bumper over the front receiver bumper. I have since bought the Warn 9.5 ti winch and cradle and I love it. It is even better, as I can use it on my other truck as well.

Very much a personal preference issue...Save for what you can afford, or buy what you can live with. Either way, good luck!

Another option is the Detours Backbonehttp://www.detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php. It'll cost you a couple hundred less then most winch bumpers so you can put that towards a winch.
The good is that the Backbone is a high quality, sturdy, yet inexpensive (compared to a quality winch bumper) winch mount. The bad is it doesnt add any body protection over and above what the stock bumper does.

Back