• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Underdash courtesy lights

Mudfrog

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I tried searching for this but wasn't able to find anything. I have a 2001 XJ that i bought new. I just recently installed a CB radio and noticed that there are courtesy lights (wired with bulb) underneath the dash on both the right and left sides. These have never came on since i've had the Jeep so i'm guessing that they are probably an option that i didn't pay for. Still, it does seem weird that they were installed in the first place. Any ideas? Thanks

Mudfrog said:
Hello, I tried searching for this but wasn't able to find anything. I have a 2001 XJ that i bought new. I just recently installed a CB radio and noticed that there are courtesy lights (wired with bulb) underneath the dash on both the right and left sides. These have never came on since i've had the Jeep so i'm guessing that they are probably an option that i didn't pay for. Still, it does seem weird that they were installed in the first place. Any ideas? Thanks
They're supposed to work, check the fuse first, then bulbs if a fuse isn't blown.

90PioSport99 said:
They're supposed to work, check the fuse first, then bulbs if a fuse isn't blown.

x2 My first guess would be the fuse since neither one of them is working. On a 2001, it would be strange if both of them had burned out already. I have a 99 and the original bulbs are still both going strong.

I had a similar issue on my 98'. Trace the wires coming off of the bulb and find the snap connector, should be black. Mine was a little bit corroded and needed a little cleaning and what not, but after that I put it back together and it worked fine. Try that, maybe thats all it needs.

Back