• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cutting with the BW flares?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Do you cut the fender sheet metal to fit the flares, if not, can you to get more clearance? I never seen the bushwackers in person, only in pictures and i can't see exactly what's under them.

I'm trying to leave my new xj's suspension as stock as possible, but still fit 30-31" mudders under there without altering the stock appearance as much as possible. Axles will be locked and hopefully fully skidded. I'm gonna have better backspaced wheels to add a little more stability plus keep the tires in line with the fenders (i don't know why but i dislike tires being narrower than the fender edge.)

I checked out other flare options, such as moving the stock ones up, using tj flares, or just plain cutting your sheetmetal for clearance. I like the stock-relocation setup but there's gaps at teh end of the fender. It still looks "ok". I don't see TJ flares ever being on my xj because they just don't line up IMO. I wish i could just hack it off and leave it as is but PA officers do their job here so that's a no no.

dont do bushwackers with less than 33's... looks goofy as hell. just a thought.

dgrigorenko said:
dont do bushwackers with less than 33's... looks goofy as hell. just a thought.

Let me find a picture before i agree with you. I haven't seen BW's with 31's on an xj yet. I figured if i got the backspacing correct and the edge of the tire is lined up with the edge of the fender, it would look good. It would definately look goofy with stock wheels though.

based on the cutting shown, it seems i will still need a slight suspension lift with the flares to achieve fitment for 31's?

Back