• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30- disco to non-disco seal

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Installed a disco axle in my xj pulled the shafts and put one peice alloy usa's in and it finally chewed the passenger axle seal (installs near where the vacuum motor used to be). Trouble is I cant remember what the seal number is. Anyone have the seal number I can cross reference? thanks!

You shouldn't put the seal there or it will continuously get torn up over and over again, the axle is not machined smooth in that area for a seal to seal. I have this problem right now! The seal should be installed by pushing it in from the inside of the axle next to the bearings. That is what I was told. I guess there are different sizes of seals and no way of telling what size you need unless you measure. Here are the numbers I collected.

Chicago Rawhide # CR 11343
Chicago Rawhide # CR 11776
Chicago Rawhide # CR 11800
Chicago Rawhide # CR 11771
National # 471354
National # 471763
Quadratec # 52420.12

I have not looked up dimensions yet and numourous people have used many different kinds of seals. Godd luck

I have the 27 spline inners, whata pain in the ass, The place I got the axles from short shipped me the seal and the block off plate for the disco motor. So I dont even know where the seal was supposed to go. would these suffice :http://www.northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=35&nav=32 or is this just a dust seal?

Yeah those are just to help keep mud and dirt from inside the axle tube. Your new seal should install by teh carrier. You will need to take off the brakes, pull the axle shafts or unit bearing with the shafts attached, diff cover, and differential to install the new seal! Alot of work for one stupid seal, might as well replace the seal for the other side to while you are at it.

Back