• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Waggy Make Over

mcnamaag

NAXJA Forum User
Most of this was lost with the crash so I will post the finished project again.
BEFORE

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

DURING

DCFN0002.jpg

DCFN0001.jpg

DCFN0024.jpg

DCFN0003.jpg

DCFN0018.jpg

NEW WHEELS

DCFC0122.jpg

DCFC0121.jpg

ROCK GUARDS ( Home made and I know they are just to stop rocks from beating my quarters to death on gravel roads)

DCFC0121-1.jpg

DCFC0129.jpg

TIME FOR PAINT

DCFN0022.jpg

DCFN0020.jpg

I used spray paint on the Jeep and it turned out great. Also my investment was $70.00 for everything ( rims and paint).

FINISHED

DCFC0122-1.jpg

DCFC0127.jpg

Last edited:
I also deceided to update the grill. I like the Waggy grill but wanted something different. I found some stainless mesh laying around the shop and cut it to fit behind the grill.
DCFC0125.jpg

Also under the hood cowel.

DCFC0126.jpg

I have since trimmed the edges under the screws so you cant see the "loose" ends.

DCFC0124.jpg

I dont know if I like this or not but its done. It was a real pain making the shifter plate. All I used was a angle grinder.

:us: nice! the paint job looks great for a spray can job. i like the diamond plate around the shifter and on the ashtray.

What?!! No more wood?!! JK. . . I've got the same planned for mine. Looks sweet man.

Was it difficult peeling the wood off?

azranger said:
What?!! No more wood?!! JK. . . I've got the same planned for mine. Looks sweet man.

Was it difficult peeling the wood off?

PITA!!! But if you use a heat gun it helps. After you are done use carb cleaner to get any glue you missed.

azranger said:
Oh yeah. . . the shifter plate is sweet!

Thanks Took a little bit of time for trial and error but I think it turned out well. I am working on a way to install the "what gear your in" indicator now.

Back