• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

misfire

xj151

NAXJA Forum User
when i take off from a dead stop my motor hesitates like its gonna die then takes off . what can i do to fix this. thanks

just bought it yesterday were is that located at. this motor has more wires and crap under the hood than my titan

its on the throttle body. It will have two torch screws holding it on. I believe the sensor is facing towards the back of the jeep.

If you already have the part then replace it. If not you can unplug it and it will Idle at 1000 RPMS and go to like a default mode. Where you can test drive it and it should stop stumbling. If it stops stumbling then you know its the TPS. Only drive it with the TPS unpluged to test drive it. It also controls you trans shifting so you will need to install a new one.

xj151 said:
just bought it yesterday were is that located at. this motor has more wires and crap under the hood than my titan

do you have a misfire or just hesitation?

what year and specs of the jeep?

have you done a tune up? cap, plugs, rotor.....

if its the 4.0 is on the front of the throttle body with the wire facing the drivers side. also you need to make sure its ajusted correctly or it can be just as bad as the old one. i think you divide the input voltage by the out put voltage. and you want around 84%

90xj06 said:
if its the 4.0 is on the front of the throttle body with the wire facing the drivers side. also you need to make sure its ajusted correctly or it can be just as bad as the old one. i think you divide the input voltage by the out put voltage. and you want around 84%

only if its an 87-90. 91 and up, the tps is non adjustable.

so, without knowing what year.....

its an 89 4.0 with at. it dosnt misfire just hesitates sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help

output by input should be83% 4.15/5= .83 or 83%

Last edited:
Back