• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Steering

adamusmc2002

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! I just got a currie HD setup installed tonight. I know, i should have got a setup from John before I left, but that wasn't in the finances. Anyway, I'll get pictures posted soon, but I got it yesterday and installed today for a trip we're taking this weekend to Disney, OK. I'll post pictures from the trip too, when it's over of course.

Michael-so far so good on the alignment. Really easy. Thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well up there.

You guys would laugh your asses off if you saw some of the trucks and jeeps around here. They are just as bad as you might imagine. Front lift blocks, KC lights everywhere, bling all over... it's bad.

Adam

Enjoy your trip/weekend.
We want to see LOTS of pic's when you get back!!
Glad the alignment went well, it really isn't bad once you do it the first time.

Michael

adamusmc2002 said:
I know, i should have got a setup from John before I left, but that wasn't in the finances.

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it, I've heard several stories like mine where I posted, PM'd and phoned the almighty ACR&O numerous times to try and get one. All useless and ignored, too busy building them for buddies I s'pose - no loss. Hope all is well with you out there in BFE. Good luck with everything!

mud1059 said:
Dude, I wouldn't worry about it, I've heard several stories like mine where I posted, PM'd and phoned the almighty ACR&O numerous times to try and get one. All useless and ignored, too busy building them for buddies I s'pose - no loss.
Wow, Paul! A little bitter? :)

For what it's worth, until now he'd only built two or three sets, which have been all been different prototypes...trying to fine-tune it before selling them en masse. He just finished building the first sets to sell, if you're still interested.

I don't remember where he advertised he was selling these, either...? :dunno:

-----Matt-----

mud1059 said:
Dude, I wouldn't worry about it, I've heard several stories like mine where I posted, PM'd and phoned the almighty ACR&O numerous times to try and get one. All useless and ignored, too busy building them for buddies I s'pose - no loss. Hope all is well with you out there in BFE. Good luck with everything!

Honestly I don't remember you contacting me about one, but I HAVE been busy. I've only built 5 set ups so far and yes, most of them have gone on rigs of people I know to make sure everything is working properly. I have not advertised them ANYWHERE yet as being for sale. I am basically in production now and will have them in stock at any given time from now on.

J

Avanteone said:
Honestly I don't remember you contacting me about one, but I HAVE been busy. I've only built 5 set ups so far and yes, most of them have gone on rigs of people I know to make sure everything is working properly. I have not advertised them ANYWHERE yet as being for sale. I am basically in production now and will have them in stock at any given time from now on.

J

You're telling people that though, right? The impression I've gotten from others is that 'oh yeah I've got it...come on in'. Just trying to clarify because there are always two sides to every story. :confused1 Perception by customers SUCKS in that business, lol.

ECKSJAY said:
You're telling people that though, right? The impression I've gotten from others is that 'oh yeah I've got it...come on in'. Just trying to clarify because there are always two sides to every story. :confused1 Perception by customers SUCKS in that business, lol.

I've had them completed and in stock for almost 3 months. I've now sold out of the first 5 sets and have 5 more that will be done this week and material coming to continue production. I just haven't advertised them anywhere yet as I wanted to be 100% sure that there wouldn't be any issues before they went on peoples rigs that I didn't know.

J

Avanteone said:
I've had them completed and in stock for almost 3 months. I've now sold out of the first 5 sets and have 5 more that will be done this week and material coming to continue production. I just haven't advertised them anywhere yet as I wanted to be 100% sure that there wouldn't be any issues before they went on peoples rigs that I didn't know.

J

Thanks for clarifying that! :smootch:

ECKSJAY said:
Jesus Christ Rocks isn't honest? :(

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it likel that. I heard nothing but good things about both companies.

sjd78 said:
What does the steering look like and consist of?

Heavy wall DOM(5/16" IIRC), 1 ton Spicer tie rods. Its it cut to length, set up on a lathe, drilled out, tapped, and the ends are machined flat. Put together with all the hardware and tie rods threaded in with anti seize. Painted black. You need to grease the joints before install. It is an inverted T style(I think), just like JCR's.

Sorry, no pics handy.

sjd78 said:
How much does it run,as in $$$? Is there any benefit to this set up over say JCR's or TnT's?

$300. I use all spicer TRE's rather than Chinese stuff (although I could match JCR's price if you WANTED that), and I have them. Last couple of guys who called me about it said JCR told them 3-4 weeks before they were ready to ship.

J

Avanteone said:
$300. I use all spicer TRE's rather than Chinese stuff (although I could match JCR's price if you WANTED that), and I have them. Last couple of guys who called me about it said JCR told them 3-4 weeks before they were ready to ship.

J

do you ream the knuckles out too for $300?

boy my thread got robbed :) I've got pictures now though!!

Oh, John, sorry to start such a fuss about the steering setup you were putting together.

Here's one of me getting ready to go up this shoot, which we only saw quads on. But that's not saying much, we hardly saw anybody most of the day. It was sweet.

D20_2201.jpg

Here's me in the little ravine thing. Not too shabby, for BFE :)

D20_2225.jpg

And another

D20_2224.jpg

and another

D20_2215.jpg

Here's my buddy Chris doing the same ravine. He's addicted to wheelin! (this was his first time out. We had just finished replacing the outer pinion bearing the night before we left. We put 4.56s in and a detroit in the rear. He was amazed at what Jeeps can do... so was my dad, my other buddy, and my cousin. It was their first time too.

D20_2240.jpg

Thought some of you would like this one. :)

D20_2281.jpg

Here's most of us.

D20_2274.jpg

Chris coming down a super steep (for me at least) ledge into the riverbed.

D20_2266.jpg

Oh, and you can't even really see the new steering under there, but it worked great... My buddy Chris, with the wrangler, actually tweeked his stock tie rod. I knew it was gonna happen. But it wasn't bad enough to worry about or replace with my old link.

D20_2208.jpg

Back