• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft ?

chopperdog

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have a 98 auto with the 242 tcase, I have installed R.E. 3.5 springpack lift. Gave me about 5 total. I have the hack n tap ready to install, however i want to put 2 more inches in the front and 1.5 in the back. My question is should i do this before measuring for the shaft or will the slip yoke in it be enough. also will the shocks that came with the R.E. lift still be ok with that minimal more amount of lift? I have the adjustable track bar so that does not worry me. It also is a 8.25 rear.
Let me know what you think.
thanks
Thomas

Likelyhood is that the driveshaft should work for either the shorter or taller lift.

The front shocks will likely work but limit your droop in the front, the back will likely be ok for either (assuming all shock mounts are stock).

Every Jeep is different so it will be difficult to get a difinitive answer, Either way, if you plan on doing the lift, do it first and then measure for everything.
Michael

Back