• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting OME 3 inch

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered It finally! Well now the drive line mess. Okay I have a 2000 XJ Dana 30 and 8.25 low pinion axles and I know im gonna hear get a SYE and I may end up doing the hack and tap but I want to try something different first.The transfer case drop or the shim. The concern I have is that with the TC drop loosing that inch of on that or is it not even a factor? I would rather just use the shims under the leaf packs. I read on here, I think casm or someone used just the correct shims and got away with it?

thanks

I used a 1'' drop and that solved almost all my vib problems. I will most likely be getting a couple degree shims in the near future.

This is on a street queen though, so ground clearance isnt an issue.

You can get a new cross brace from Rusty's that is modified so that you don't lose an inch of GC but still drops the t-case. Also I had to use shims and a t-case drop to get my driveshaft to TURN my yokes where hitting!

X2 on the Rusty's x-member - its about the only thing from his company that i'd recommend buying. very nice quality.

Or you can do an SYE and Front DS for less than $300....

Back