• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" coils lift with bumper and winch

gorman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running OME 934 coils with a 1.75" spacer in front with an ARB bumper and a Warn M8000 winch. This setup gives me just over 3.5" of lift. My new 33" tyres will go on soon however and I want to retain the stock wheelarches albeit with the necessary trimming. I'm thinking of getting RE 4.5" coils in the front to give me more lift with less spacers.

Is there anyone running the RE.4.5 coils with a bumper and winch setup and how much actual lift does these springs provide with the extra weight - also, how do they cope with the extra weight?

They cope just fine...it does draw the front down a bit though. I have no idea how much the actual lift is anymore but if you would like me to measure from a particular point to the ground I would be more than happy to help. My stock measurements have been lost somewhere...

I'll appreciate it if you could measure your lift for me, thanks!

Do you still have your original wheel arch flares fitted? If you do you could measure from the centre of your wheel to the edge of the wheel arch - that's normally the benchmark measurement. A completely standard XJ is supposed the measure 17.5" in the front and 17" in the rear, so you could compare your measurement with that and it should give you the actual lift.

I'll get it this weekend for you. The stock flares removed themselves on the highway a while back but I haven't touched the metal.

Back