• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep is Completely Dead... Help!

Tyler_8.25

NAXJA Forum User
i searched but couldn't find what i needed so here is my problem... i went out to drive my jeep yesterday and i put the key in the ignition and tried to start it and nothing happened... and i mean absolutely nothing... none of the lights or electronics worked... it was like the battery wasn't even connected... i drove it the day before with no problems at all... i checked all the fuses and they were all good... i don't really know where to go from here and i really need to be able to drive my jeep... so any suggestions you guys have would be great... its a 1992 limited (4.0, AW4, NP242) if that helps

i checked the cables and they looked alright... there isn't any corrosion or anything but i will disconnect and clean them as soon as i get home... thanks for the help

Stupid question I know but:
do you have a volt meter ? to check if the battery just died on you ? How old is the battery, you didn't say. See if the battery will take a charge before you try to jump start it.

Sounds like a dead battery. Jump start it.

thats exactly how the batt died in my 97, it was fine one day, cranked fast etc. and totally dead the next day, the dome light wouldn't even come on (I'm 100% positive I didn't leave anything on because I triple checked everything). I checked my cables and made sure they weren't corroding under the insulation etc. and all was good, so I tried charging it and it wouldn't take a charge at all so I got a new batt and it has been perfect for over a year :dunno:

Back