• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear suspension set up

tclapp_88

NAXJA Forum User
sorry, i did search so don't rip me a new one search Nazi's ha ha.:D but i am a noob...

anyway, the 3" lift was on the jeep when i bought it, its a junk lift. i think its the rough country from JC Whitney as it has blocks and all that crap. I'm hoping i can replace the lift next summer, but i may just keep the 3" and replace the lca, rear leaves, add adj trac bar, etc. so i measured the lift height, the front sits a half inch higher, which the back is supposed to sit a half inch higher if i recall. so the rear leaves are sagging, so to fix that i would need an inch longer shackle? but, I've heard so much bad about blocks. i think they are 1 inch blocks, so would it be wise to just get 2 inch shackles and take out the blocks. that would get rid of the blocks and fix the sagging leaves, correct?

any suggestions on shackle brands?

thank you so much
Trenton

also whats stock shackle length? i have seen anywhere from 2 1/8" to 4" from bolt hole to bolt hole. also on the other post when i was asking about 2" shackles, i meant 2" lift shackles. thanks

Back