• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case 4by linkage help?

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
alright so whilst wheelin a few weeks ago my linkage kinda popped out of the body mount part where the linkage can pivot around and initiate the transfer case when i pull the lever in the cab. im unsure of how to get this off because i think my t-case or somethin was pulled out of wack when it happened like a high tension situation and it wont really go back in, any advice on this?

Did you tear your transmission mount or an engine mount? If they're in the right place, the tranny linkage will pop back in easily. If they're out, you can often tell by looking at the undercarriage by lying underneath with your head near the rear axle, looking forward. The transmission and t-case should be centered in the transmission tunnel - a torn tranny mount wil often push the transmission off to one side or another.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back