• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best gear brand for the price

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
So Im about to purchase a factory D44 and Im gonna upgrade it a bit before it actually goes under the jeep. I have been lookin at gears just a bit and I wanted to know what brand gears are good but also have a low price. This will be a mostly street driven jeep with some off-road adventures. I plan to run 4.56s because Im gonna wait to put the axle under the jeep until I wear out my 31s and I can put the bushwackers on and run 33s. So lets hear it!

Shave diff and raise shock mounts

You can just go spicer. That is what they run stock. Yukon is good also.
Are you going to Lock it ? I'd just get a mini spool of full spool. I wish I would of now. I put in a Detroit for $550 and could of done a full spool and saved $300. I know how a locked rear end drives in slick conditions so that isn't an issue. You just have to know when to ease on the throttle. The chirping around corners is awesome. :peace:

I do plan to lock it but I don't know when. My Chrysler 8.25 has the factory Trac-Loc and I really do love it so I'm thinking the Auburn ECTED when I do finally lock it. So if the price is good for the Spicer then I'll probably go with that because everyone knows Spicer makes good stuff. Anyone know where to find a good price on some Spicer stuff? You know if I do decide to go with them.

Ben824 said:
I do plan to lock it but I don't know when. My Chrysler 8.25 has the factory Trac-Loc and I really do love it so I'm thinking the Auburn ECTED when I do finally lock it. So if the price is good for the Spicer then I'll probably go with that because everyone knows Spicer makes good stuff. Anyone know where to find a good price on some Spicer stuff? You know if I do decide to go with them.

I got my Spicer 4.56s from Jason at 4x4groupbuy.com (done lots of business with him). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the R&P included a mini install kit, saving me the expense of buying one seperatly.

What came in the mini install kit? So I know what not to buy because I'm probably gonna rebuild the whole axle because who knows how many miles it has on it and how long its been sitting.

Back