• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RUH ROH SHAGGY (TPS problem)

relyt

NAXJA Forum User
Long story short, after fixing my blowby problem, I decided to clean the throttle body of all the oil it had been coated in for God only knows how many miles while the previous owner drove it around. In the process, I noticed that the TPS was just kinda pressed in to the mount on the TB. It would seem that the threads are stripped out. What are my options? Can these TBs be helicoiled, or would those be likely to strip also? BTW, this is on an '87 4.0L.

I would love to know this as well. My top bolt on my 89' is sttripped out. Anyone know what the thread size is on the bolt?

It's Ruh Roh Raggy.

Scooby could not pronounce his s's.

Hale

relyt said:
It seems to be an 8-32. I may just try to run a 10-32 in to it and find new screws if no one else has any suggestions.
I retapped my 87 and never had a problem after. I don't remember whether I did it in 10-32 or 10-24. I think I opted for coarse as less likely to tear out in the already damaged holes.

Back