• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumper re-enforced backing plate,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Don't quite remember whom here posted the information or pictures and had the plans for a "re-enforced plate" for the rear bumper -Needing something stronger( 3/8"-flat backing plate? ) to go behind and re-enforce the stock thin sheet metal where the eight bolts(four per side) attach the rear bumper to the frame -Looking for homebrew rear-bumper re-enforced backing plate design/pics/information or ideas-Maybe a one-piece plate to go the entire length across the rear ?-As always all comments/advice greatly appreciated-TIA

Thats still not enough strength,you need to use the receiver mounting points also!

Starboard M said:
JCR has one.

They sell tie-ins but not what he is asking for.

He's asking for a backing plate that goes behind the rear bulkhead. To my knowledge JCR does not offer those.

Hale

..yeah,I've tied everything in on my recently homebrew C-channel and mild-steel rear bumper to the reciever mounts useing 1/2" bolts,..but..looking at those thin stock attachment points I don't quite know if I can safely be able to use some D-ring mounts that are going on the rear bumper.
bxj

Haleyes said:
They sell tie-ins but not what he is asking for.

He's asking for a backing plate that goes behind the rear bulkhead. To my knowledge JCR does not offer those.

Hale
Awww, shucks. I suck at the reading comprehension. :doh:

I plated my whole (under bumper skin) after it became cracked and the bumper was sagging, (yes the receiver tie ins were installed)
I used some angle and flat stock all the way across and drilled new holes for the bumper.
Then I thru bolted it with thick heavy fender washers.

I wanted to use angle on the insides by the shackles but I didnt seem to have enough clearance

Back