• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry guys

Pathatten

Pat-PAt-PaT-pAt-pAT-paT
I've been a lurker for a while and a fair amount of amusement around the campfire, but the time has come. I'm moving to Connecticut. I don't have a set date, more or less when my house sells. I'm projecting late November, but before 2008.

No kids, a dog and a couple of cats. Now is the time for an adventure . The company that I work for offered a 2 year deal with an awesome salary, think chromed out roll cage minus the chrome, well at least I'll finally have a cage. In the long range we may be coming back to the PNW, but Aspen Colorado should be my resting place.

What trails would you guys hit before leaving the area? It seems a run on Busy Wild could be a good one.

Who wants to go?

Wheeling seems to be less available in the New England area but rest assured I'll have reports on how Telico and other trails size up to our PNW stuff.

Peace out,

PAT

Wow Pat. Sorry to hear you're leaving, but congratulations on the job offer. It does sound like an adventure.

Busy Wild? Uhmm no. My stuff is broke. I need some axle gnomes! Mine went on strike.

Congrats on a sweet job offer. I've got a few guys that are crazy enough for the Busy anytime. No XJ guys, all Yota though. Good luck with Conn. and best of luck making it down to Colorado. Buncha mountain hippies round those parts :)

Connecticut 'eh? If you need some local info, lemme know. That used to be my old stomping grounds, my folks still live there and I visit about once a year.

Just remember to start practicing saying water like "wudder", right Matt?

Cheers!
- Jay

Pat, we will miss you both on the trail and around the campfire. Seriousely technical conversations including gnomes will not be the same without you!!
I hope that this adventure works out great for you and we look forward to hearing how it goes. Colorado and Washington are both wonderful places to live!!

As far as trails, what have you done up here? Walker Valley, Evan's Creek, Ellbe, Reiter Trails, Naches, Rimrock, Liberty, TSF, Others?

Lets narrow it down to what you have not seen yet and set a trip up there.

Michael

Dang I forgot about Naches and Rimrock. I got a few good wheeling to go before we leave.

I moving to Litchfield, CT it appears that the East coast needs another painter yippee.

PAT

Pathatten said:
Dang I forgot about Naches and Rimrock.
I think Rimrock will be a little too hairy in the (deep) snow, but PNWJeep usually runs the Naches Wagon Trail in the snow before it closes for the season on Nov. 15. Always a lot of fun, and you're welcome to join us.

http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6593

-----Matt-----

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Last edited:
Pathatten said:
Dang I forgot about Naches and Rimrock. I got a few good wheeling to go before we leave.

I moving to Litchfield, CT it appears that the East coast needs another painter yippee.

PAT

I am thinking maybe we should put together a Kaner flats up to Moon-Funny Rocks trip BEFORE we get too much snow (just enough rain but not much snow). Then if you can handle it later in the year (hopefully a bunch more snow) then the Wagon Trail would be a good one also.

Personally I wouldn't leave the area before running "Kaner flats" up to the "string" to "tipover" to "Funny Rocks" and "Moon Rocks" then back down the "Shoestring" and "Kaner flats". Now that would be a great couple of days of wheeling the NW!! There are several other trails you could add if there was time but these trails when when would be a decent challenge.

Should we set a weekend and put a group together?

Michael

2xtreme said:
I am thinking maybe we should put together a Kaner flats up to Moon-Funny Rocks trip BEFORE we get too much snow (just enough rain but not much snow). Then if you can handle it later in the year (hopefully a bunch more snow) then the Wagon Trail would be a good one also.

Personally I wouldn't leave the area before running "Kaner flats" up to the "string" to "tipover" to "Funny Rocks" and "Moon Rocks" then back down the "Shoestring" and "Kaner flats". Now that would be a great couple of days of wheeling the NW!! There are several other trails you could add if there was time but these trails when when would be a decent challenge.

Should we set a weekend and put a group together?

Michael

You haven't had enough yet? Weren't we just there?......Twice!

Megawatt said:
You haven't had enough yet? Weren't we just there?......Twice!

I just want more of a challenge :D

I figure it would be more challenging in the MUD ;)

Who's in?
Michael

2xtreme said:

Who's in?
Michael

I'm in, haven't wheeled in 2 months. TSF will be my first weekend back in action.

2xtreme said:

That nasty spot on Kaner flats with the climb out at the end would definitely be a challenge.

Might be up for this. Although a snow run on the wagon trail sounds good too.

Megawatt said:
That nasty spot on Kaner flats with the climb out at the end would definitely be a challenge.

Might be up for this. Although a snow run on the wagon trail sounds good too.

Maybe "IN" too. Have to see what the dates are.
-Ryan

Ok

So I'd love to make a trip to Busy Wild and Kaner fllats/Naches

Nov. 3,4

and

Nov. 10,11

Anyone want to do a mid week run, you know skip a few days work. A 2 or 3 day wheeling bender can do a body good.

Let get smithing going. So what date works best for each area with, put together 2 pre snow runs.

Pat

Either of those dates work for me.
I am interested in the Kaner/Naches trip, not interested in the Busy trip.

If I was setting it up, I would do the Busy the first weekend and the Kaner trip the 2nd weekend, but I am not sure that it really makes much difference.

Let me know when and I will be there.
Michael

Back