• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Krawler joint...maybe

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
So it has been almost two years now since I installed my RK 3link and the drivers side axle krawler joint is needing to be replaced. Is this a short life time and the problem that everyone complains about with RK or is this just one bad joint and these things happen from wheeling? Also should I just replace it with another Krawler joint or is this the time that I should think about replacing it with a johnny joint?

The reason am looking at replacing it is that it is shifting at the axle on the drivers side making me think that it would be the ball itself that has rounded out. But when speaking with RK today about warrenting the joint they asked if I had replaced the bolt through the axle mount because jeeps stock bolt has a larger diameters on the shank than the actual threads. But if I did replace the bolt going off of the thread wouldn't I have noticed the axle shifting right away? How long are any of you RK gen 2 guys getting out of your krawler joints?

When I swapped axles I changed my krawler joints a little... basically I called RK to see if they made a joint w/ a 5/8" bore.. well they do and it's for their large Ford or truck line. So they shipped me two new balls and races.. Swap took all of 5 minutes.

They just unthread then press the old out.. install the new.. make sure it's tight w/ a press and lock-tight the end back on.

I'd stick w/ the RK joints.. their cheap and easily rebuilt..

With that said.. this fall/winter Im swapping everything over to heims and going back w/ 4 full length arms...

Old thread: What size are the the current Krawler Joints in the Rk 3 link upgrade? Looking into replacing them with JJ or Ballistic Fab joints and need to know Tpi, right or left hand thread and " size. Thanks, MG

Back