• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapped my motor

redxj90

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got around to dropping my fresh motor in. I've had it sittin at the shop finished for the last 6 months and finally got some motivation to take a weekend and get er done. Now I understand why people go through the trouble of pulling the whole running gear together. It was a PITA to get the motor stabbed to the tranny but after fighting it for a while got it to go. By the way the header is a Pacesetter and definately a very nice sounding header. Here is a video http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=19655207

And a few pics from the swap

l_8317c7c799efbd27af2c3ef94220ee5b.jpg

l_17da81e35e4957c3e9625e30edda355e.jpg

l_f2313de9e1e0053644a63c7ea4ff0a7d.jpg

l_a4d4e7233eb7e6a765e546dd0dde1d05.jpg

l_718324f56f7798fd6b0c9d577e54bf2f.jpg

l_2a49424cb217541eddeceb8805be32a5.jpg

Yeah the motivation was after he drove his Dad's with a new pacesetter header. They do sound good though, lots of low end torque. We haven't had them out on the hiway yet. Gas mileage should be better too.
:moon:

lost honda pro said:
how hard was it to pull out, once all the coolant/vac lines were unhooked? im picking up a '99 4.0 today, and am thinking about switching it with mine...
to be honest having done this twice...
It would be much easier to remove the radiator and support.
Even with my 2 ton lift it nearly topped out on the highest setting and took a long time wrangling it to get it straight again.
Otherwise get the engine in, lined up low and throw some bolts in then jack it mounted to the trans up to the mounts.

I just noticed my post count dropped to 17? what the hell is up with that?

96Yeepster said:
Even with my 2 ton lift it nearly topped out on the highest setting and took a long time wrangling it to get it straight again.
Otherwise get the engine in, lined up low and throw some bolts in then jack it mounted to the trans up to the mounts.

You are also under a diff name and location.

mcnamaag said:
You are also under a diff name and location.
actually I have the user/pass and auto login set on same computer so... how does that play?
and a search for threads I started revealed that several are missing...

Last edited:
96Yeepster said:

Yeah mine was in the 900s now I'm back in the 800s.
Just when I thought I'd hit a thousand..

Dave41079 said:
That's just the man keeping you down. It's ok though...I lost ALL my posts. I had like 80.

Hey I was just in your area not long ago. Party Central. Man lots of homeless though. I went broke just feeling sorry for people. I was half a block from Printers Alley. Lots of Booze and lots of church's :laugh:

tshirthell.com has a tshirt that says "yes, i have plenty of change you homeless piece of $hit, thanks for asking" That's the rule I live by around here. Printer's Alley is fun. I've spent many a night buying buckets of beer and singing along to karaoke at Lonnie's.

Back on topic though...yes, much easier to pull the front end off and take it all out. That's what I did to swap mine, and I did it all by myself in about 8 hours.

Dave41079 said:
much easier to pull the front end off and take it all out. That's what I did to swap mine, and I did it all by myself in about 8 hours.

you mean the radiator/support/grill/etc? ALL the front?

8 hours for a solo job isnt bad at all... i did a honda trans swap in 4, but that was with a team :D

lost honda pro said:
you mean the radiator/support/grill/etc? ALL the front?

8 hours for a solo job isnt bad at all... i did a honda trans swap in 4, but that was with a team :D

Yeah...the radiator and everything comes out pretty quick, then you can take it right out the front. I used to pull/reinstall the engine/tranny in my Eclipse by myself in about 4 hours too. I did it WAY too often, so I knew all the shortcuts.

Back