• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for cage thoughts/ ideas

shuttlefever

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I have a very limited budget at this time and I want to build or modify a cage to use in my 94 xj. Would like at least 6 points. I cant afford a bender at this time but have experience with building cages and metal fabrication. I could possibly modify an existing cage or could buy someones kit for somthing else and make the application work for me. I know it sounds like I am trying to cut corners unsafely, but as I said before, I have experience with fabrication. Any suggestions?? Anyone have a cage for somthing else that i could purchase for cheap???
Thanks for any help,
Dennis~:D

What kind of budget are you working on?
Phil had a Rusty's Roll bar up for sale recently and it would be a very good start for a basic cage. Personally I wouldn't take a cage out of anything else (what are you going to possibly use that would work to modify anyway) and "modify" to make work in a XJ, I would start with a basic cage for an XJ and "add" as you can afford.

Michael

I am running the D&C cage kit. It's a great start. I've been meaning to add a couple of extra pieces to it, but that's been low on my priority list. The cage fits well,but was quite time consuming to install. I'm probably in it 10-12 hours installing, but I also ran the front through the floor and tied it into my "frame" and rock rails. I completely gutted the entire interior, all the trim panels, etc. to get it in there as tight as I could and be able to weld it up. If you read their installation instructions, they don't even pull the carpet, just install the little 3" square plates over the carpet and bolt it through the floor. :dunno:

Here's some pics of my install:
DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF00062.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

ee313fa0.jpg

b70487dd.jpg

Back