• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my lil trip report...kinda

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
sunday: did kane creek road was a bit more washed out but hey it's on the side of a hill, no real problems just a tree ripped off my flair and joined me in the drivers seat. lesson learned that day: thinking causes trouble....right remi:D

monday:work:(
tues:work :cry:

weds. remi, stebel, santa and i went out to greenday cause remi wanted to well i got through gatekeeper
and when remi tried he couldnt steer oh well we left. lesson learned: even if remi cant steer he don't let off the gas.

thurs. the polish mob, santa, jared and i went back out to settle remi's score, well this time we made it further but not much green day isn't liking steering lesson learned: santa has a big shaft(for steering that is:D)

friday. hey joe canyon had 6 in our group i first passed debinky well rd so we took a neat lil alternate spring canyon rd no real troubles just alot of scratches due to tamarisk. lesson learned: von's roof rack clears tunnels through tamarisk

sat. von had an idea to run goldbar to the crack and back, was doing great until von tried the crack, his jeep didn't come out that night. lesson learned:crack kills huh von :toungeout:

sun. von, tracy, jay and myself went in to rescue vons jeep got to it pretty quickly got it fixed jay and i crossed the crack and back then we all headed over to double whammy tracy made it then i made von tried but before he could reall y beat his jeep he backed up to realighn and when he turned he lost steering fluid, the seal fell out, so without a pitman arm puller we beat the pitman arm for probably 2 1\2 hrs til jay got it off, got von fixed and made our way out, then von lost power steering but we were racing the darkness so he was a trooper and dealt with it until we got out and could get all th air out of the system. lesson learned: don't go wheeling with von :D

Last edited:
kane creek
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

greenday(both days)
100_2584.jpg

100_2632.jpg

100_2623.jpg

100_2586.jpg

Last edited:
more green day
100_2582.jpg

100_2636.jpg

100_2637.jpg

hey joe
100_2642.jpg

100_2660.jpg

100_2668.jpg

100_2670.jpg

vons break and repair and double whammy
IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

100_2744.jpg

100_2753.jpg

100_2754.jpg

100_2765.jpg

100_2778.jpg

Hey, Derek. I made it back to Hell's revenge on Saturday with most of those that were left and ran Hell's Gate. Sucessfully! My wife got a ton of pics and I'll post up the proof when I get them loaded into photobucket.

Israel said:
Hey, Derek. I made it back to Hell's revenge on Saturday with most of those that were left and ran Hell's Gate. Sucessfully! My wife got a ton of pics and I'll post up the proof when I get them loaded into photobucket.
sweet!! i wanna see

Yeah Derek, don't forget that you led the super secret Hell's Revenge run on Tuesday? Or is that STILL a secret?

Israel said:

BUT.....did you get back to Potato Salad Hill?

xjohnnyc said:
Yeah Derek, don't forget that you led the super secret Hell's Revenge run on Tuesday? Or is that STILL a secret?
oh yeah the super secret\ not so secretive obstacle run on hells revenge..........Na tell who ever you want to now:)

xjohnnyc said:

It didn't turn out to be much of a secret. But at least the Polish Mafia came to provide some extra entertainment!

xjohnnyc said:
BUT.....did you get back to Potato Salad Hill?

No. :flamemad: I was even confident enough to buy the sticker. I guess it will stay in the glovebox until the spring. One things for sure, I refuse to lock the diffs until I do potato salad hill open/open!

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

I should be honest and let you know that I slid off the wall the first try and had to reposition the rear end to have another try. Thanks to Jeff for getting me up it!

Israel said:
It didn't turn out to be much of a secret. But at least the Polish Mafia came to provide some extra entertainment!
:moon:

bow to Your Sensei !!!
PJ.jpg

hahaha :laugh3:

PS I was suprised with performance of that ZJ.. - good driving Israel.. :thumbup:

jmaxj said:
sat. von had an idea to run goldbar to the crack and back, was doing great until von tried the crack, his jeep didn't come out that night. lesson learned:crack kills huh von :toungeout:

sun. von, tracy, jay and myself went in to rescue vons jeep got to it pretty quickly got it fixed jay and i crossed the crack and back then we all headed over to double whammy tracy made it then i made von tried but before he could reall y beat his jeep he backed up to realighn and when he turned he lost steering fluid, the seal fell out, so without a pitman arm puller we beat the pitman arm for probably 2 1\2 hrs til jay got it off, got von fixed and made our way out, then von lost power steering but we were racing the darkness so he was a trooper and dealt with it until we got out and could get all th air out of the system. lesson learned: don't go wheeling with von :D

Derek! Shhhhhh. You know if you scare everyone else off from wheeling with me I will have only you to go with. :D

MoabXJeeper said:
Derek! Shhhhhh. You know if you scare everyone else off from wheeling with me I will have only you to go with. :D

Come on, Von. Who could resist wheeling with you and witnessing that sexy longarm flex? :D

jmaxj said:
Must have been all the flex in the front that stressed his steering box to the point of breaking.:D

or was it the fan belt.

Last edited:
Back