• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saw this Cherokee yesterday

Begster

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so my local club had a charity ride yesterday, and while I was there I met one of the new members who had this Cherokee. The guy loved Ford, seeing as most of his '85 Cherokee had Ford Parts in it. It was nice and tall, and looked pretty good, until I got close...

Ford 5.0 Engine
Ford 9 inch rear end
Dana 44 front with Ford Radius arms
Sitting on 35's

DSC03301.jpg

Whats not right about this?

it the track bar connected to the bumper?

Thats one thing, its connected to the front crossmember, and the other end does mount to a bracket thats about 5 inches infront of the axle.

It's running a Ford D44 front end with radius arms?

The cowl hood?

Rack and pinion steering?

Very small diam tubes one the lower end of the bumper?

balloo93 said:
Rack and pinion steering?
Yep, it has rack and pinion steering, something I thought was stupid. A couple of some other guys I know also thought it looked like a hack job. The ends where the steering meets the knucles are tiny, way to small for what it should be doing. If you also look, the drivers side bracket of the rack mounts to a differential cover. This cover goes over the real cover behind it. Every time he needs to change fluids, etc, he would need to take the steering apart.

Also look at the front DS angle..

nothin wrong with radius arms... trac-bar is scary

That shaft betetr have some travel in it, but not too much travel :laugh3:

ZacSquatch said:
Also look at the front DS angle..

nothin wrong with radius arms... trac-bar is scary

That's probably the rack and pinion shaft.

What's not right about it...

It looks WAY to clean to be anything more than a mallcrawler. I could be wrong but...I don't think I am.

It has a chrome front door handle and black rear handle.

Ya, there was no front driveshaft in it. We talked to this guy for a little, I don't think he has ever taken it offroad.

Haha I should go take a picture of this jeep for sale over at pepboys, looks kinda like that, but is such a joke. 35's, v8, and everything possible done wrong to it. The dude wants $1000, I honestly wouldn't pay $50.

Mr. Pickle said:
No fron DS? What a cheese ball.

My jeep has no front driveshaft when its sitting in parking lots. am i cheese ball?

If you are from cal, then you are the Arnold of cheese balls.. otherwise, your just a cheese cube

I had to drive around for a while without a front drive shaft. Mine was too short and I needed a new one, I also found out where my small highway vibes were coming from...

billyjp2 said:
i take my front shaft out sunday afternoon and put it back in friday night so ill go to class instead of 4 wheeling
I'm about 70 miles away from my Jeep, thats now I go to class instead of wheeling.

The Jeep overall looks pretty sweet, its nice and big, but some of the things I've seen on it just does not make sense.

Back