• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixed arms and Db's

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I have searched and couldnt find what I was looking for. Right now Im at about 5.5-6" of lift and am looking into getting the RE db's. I currently dont have the money for adj. arms. Im looking for the upsides/ downsides of fixed arms. I wouldnt mind having my axle a little further forward but Im unsure where the lower drop brackets would put me? Any ideas/tips are appreciated!

With 4.5"-5" the DB's and STOCK arms will put your angles and Wheelbase pretty much back to stock.

I ran drop brackets with RE fixed uppers and lowers for a long time. I still run them with fixed lowers, and just adjustable uppers. I have the uppers adjusted to their absolute shortest length..

You'll be fine.

Thanks guys, Where would my axle move with fixed uppers and lowers? I have the RE superflex arms that came with the 4.5 sf kit. Heres a recent pic of my set up after some new parts. Bushwackers, Jcr steering and Hellas.
2324250700100669327S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/20965/2324250700100669327S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
You can run those arms with drop brackets for as long as you would like. no harm.

Those are the arms the 5.5" drop bracket kit comes with..

Back