• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another SYE Driveshaft question

Renegade

NAXJA Forum User
Upon my searching i found that you can't use a driveshaft from an auto cherokee to use on a NP231 and a Manual (AX-15). Is this true? This would be for about 3.5" lift, oh and a 8.25 rear.

Thanks.

Generally not, but....you could....just take it to a driveline shop and have it lengthened....

I believe you can use one from a Grand Chero....they are an inch or so longer....

Thanks for the replies and link.

Stoneattic, i notice you had the 242 tc, length wise, would that be a lot different than my 231?

Renegade said:
Thanks for the replies and link.

Stoneattic, i notice you had the 242 tc, length wise, would that be a lot different than my 231?

No difference in length between a 242 and a 231. The length differences are in the manual or auto and what diff you are running.

This listing will give a great idea on what driveshaft length are out there.
http://www.crownautomotive.net/catalog/axle/propeller_shafts2.html
If pulling from a wreaking yard, just measure yoke to yoke from the vehicles you are looking at and compare to your own yoke to yoke measurement and get it less than a inch max.
Remember though that all in the listing will not be double cardon joints and some will be CV's that you dont want. Remember that a double cardon joint is the REAL term for what is found on a XJ front shaft and NOT CV which are the Constant Velocity joints found on front wheel drives and new JK and some ZJ's etc which are fully enclosed inside a rubber boot.

Back