• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more crimped tranny lines for $100

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
No more crimped tranny lines for $100

My axle went through my trans lines, so I spent the ~$65 or so for replacement lines at napa. Well, believe it or not, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

So I went to summit, and ordered 2 14m (threads into trans case) to 6AN fittings, 2 6AN 60 degree hose ends, and 15 feet of steel braided 6AN hose.

Trans case to an fittings AER-FBM2240 2 at 9.95
6AN 60 degree hose ends SUM-220683 2 at 11.95
Stainless braided hose 15ft SUM-230615 1 at 49.95

Total $93.75 +9.75 handling
$103.50

The install is self explanatory, but it is very difficult to get a clean cut on the braided stainless lines
Do it like this:

Tightly wrap stranded packing tape around the line where you want to cut it, wrap one inch of line at least 5 or 6 layers thick, and DO IT TIGHT!

Next, I used a 4.5 inch angle grinder to slice it, but a cutoff on a dremel tool would work too.
This should net a nice clean cut, without the braiding unwrapping.

I zip tied the lines together and to the frame rail, going over the top of the engine mount and back down next to the alternator.

On the cooler side, I pushed the new lines over the steel lines that the factory lines clipped to, then used two regular hose clamps to keep ‘em on.

Seems to be working great, let me know if you want pics of the setup and I can take some and post ‘em.

I did the same with super lite hose instead of the steel. It has worked great for about a year now.

Did you use a stand aloan cooler? I did but want to use the stock (radiator) cooler for steering and can not find a fitting that will go on the top fitting on the radiator to addapt it to AN-6.

Pics please. That's been on my list of things to do for a long time. Thanks for the part #'s.

did you know that air line fittings or nipples, which ever you want to call them fit the transmission fittings also and are .99 each, the hose slips right on and they have a lip on them for the hose clamp to catch on, it is how I did mine

Fullsizexj said:
did you know that air line fittings or nipples, which ever you want to call them fit the transmission fittings also and are .99 each, the hose slips right on and they have a lip on them for the hose clamp to catch on, it is how I did mine

Bumpstops work, too. :D

Didn't have a line crushing problem, but I used rubber tranny hose instead of steel when I did my tranny swap. Prolly spent $18.00 including clamps.....the bling-less solution.

Back