• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec leaf packs

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
For anyone trying to sort out the discrepency between the Qtec quarterly catalogue and the website regarding the 56010.12 and 56010.10 leaf spring packs, I seem to have gotten some clarification. I talked to a sales rep there who seemed knowledgable and more importantly seems to have fielded this question previously. The website, according to him, is correct. The 56010.12 is the standard 5 1/2 inch arch and the 56010.10 is the HD 6 1/8 inch arch. Both reportedly support the XJ at stock height (whereas the 56010.11 apparently provides 1.5 inches of lift, at least initially).

As long as I have your attention I have a question. Having a 96 XJ with the 242 TC and c8.25 axle, I am going with the 56010.10. If I cannot get my shackle/eye bolts out I will wed the new packs to my old mains. If I get vibes with whatever lift height results from this combination, I will have to improvise some combination of old and new leaves. I'm not going with a TC drop or an SYE. So, the question I have is: would there be undesirable ramifications to just removing and not replacing the lowest (shortest) leaves on each pack? IOW, do these leaves provide essential support for the next leaves above them?

Last edited:
You should be ok with what you are going to do. Kinda depends on how bad your old leafs are sagging but it sounds like it will work out.

They added two in. for me put my flare 19in. from center of hub, got some poly pucks for the front to level out

Harlee&Tahoe said:
They added two in. for me put my flare 19in. from center of hub, got some poly pucks for the front to level out

Which packs did you use, the 56010.10, 56010.11, or the 56010.12? Sounds like you made a bastard pack using the Qtec packs with your existing mains (yes/no?).

#56010.11, haven't made the bastard yet, I'll re-measure tonight.
My previous springs were slightly inverted, now a nice arch as they should be.
#56010.11 are equal to up-country springs IIRC
I also used poly bushings, need to keep'em lubed

Well I just talked to QT again. Seems things have changed since the other day.. The 56010.10 is now the 5.5 inch arch HD, the 56010.12 is 6 1/8 inch arch SD.:dunno:

Back