• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent drag-link, options.

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
Well I was out wheelin this weekend and bent the heck out of my drag link. Climping a hill my front end slid over, hit a tree, blew the tire off the bead, and bent the drag link. Is there any decent priced stronger drag link available? I allready have rusty's huge tie rod so I only want a drag link. For now we just heated the old drag link up and bent it back to shape so we could drive home but it is probably alot weaker now. I have a 6.5 inch lift and a ZJ pitman arm which is longer than a XJ's. Thanks

Great time to upgrade to over the knuckle...

KarlVP said:
Currie. Rustys is a waste of both time and money.

If you break a currie drag link, I will pay for it.
Rusty's does not even make a drag-link for the factory steering. They make a tie-rod conversion that makes th tie-rod connect knuckle to knuckle then the drag-link connects into that. They also make just a HD tie-rod that will fit with the factory drag-link and good luck bending it, its made from 1.5 inch 1/4 wall DOM with bigger TRE's. I allready have their heavy duty tie-rod and am just looking for a new stronger drag-link, maybe the only way to go is just to reinforce the factory drag-link. I know Currie sells just a upgraded factory drag-link but they also say it will only work with their steering and it cost $200.00 just for the drag-link! Any other options or ways to stop this from bending, would going over the knuckle with a right hand drive draglink make it stronger due to less angle?

tke a cromolly pipe and weld it over the top of your existing link thats what i did and ive never had a problem quik fix for a nasty problem...mine was bent 90 degrees and i straightened it out and welded the new one over top of it

Back