• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering Pump

farmfreakjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I changed the engine in my XJ. I used my intake and all of the hardware off my engine. Now when I try to put the power steering back on its off 1/2 inch or so on the bolt holes! Any one have this happen to them? I installed an after market hedder, but can't see where this would matter. Thank's

what year is your jeep, and what year is the motor. the power steering brackets changed on the newer motors.

GrimmJeeper said:
what year is your jeep, and what year is the motor. the power steering brackets changed on the newer motors.
Thanks for the reply's. I went back out and looked under the jeep. The new header was thicker in the area where the intake goes on the bottom side . It allowed the intake to be pulled up, but, not all the way. I got pee' d at it, so taking a break asking question's here allowed me to go back and look better like I should have in the first place. Thank's though, maybe this will help some one in the future

we just did a header swap on my buddys 93 a couple weeks ago. had a similar problem, it was very very hard to get the header to slip onto the dowel pins sticking out of the head. took alot of wigglin :D

Back