• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some "Waggy" Clarification

TheOtherSide

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all.... kinda new here...tried search and didn't get the results I was looking for... so here's my question.

When people refer to a Waggy, I assume it means Wagoneer... but which one... or is it both.

I see lots of people posting:
"Waggy D44" now is that from an XJ Wagoneer, or the old style much larger ones. Do any XJ Wagoneers come with front D44's?

I just need some clarification before I go and start searching for axles.

Thanks a bunch!
Kelly
93 XJ

Hi and welcome,

They are usally talking about the old big Wagoneers. Axle with is about 65" as opposed to the 60" in an XJ. There were no XJ's with front 44, except export versions to S. America.

James

jmsull said:
Hi and welcome,

They are usally talking about the old big Wagoneers. Axle with is about 65" as opposed to the 60" in an XJ. There were no XJ's with front 44, except export versions to S. America.

James

Cool... thanks for the tips. So I won't be looking for any "Waggy" axles if I want more straight forward swaps.

Kelly

Yeah, that would be a headache. In terms of 44 swaps, you are only going to find rears that will bolt in. They will come from either an '87, '88, '89 and I think '90's XJ. They are in some but not all tow package models. But the good news is the 44 out of those years bolt right in, you just need new u-bolts. Also try and get the driveshaft from what ever you get the 44 out of. The pinion is a little longer on the 44 so it will be a bit tight if you haven't lifted the XJ.

jmsull said:
Yeah, that would be a headache. In terms of 44 swaps, you are only going to find rears that will bolt in. They will come from either an '87, '88, '89 and I think '90's XJ. They are in some but not all tow package models. But the good news is the 44 out of those years bolt right in, you just need new u-bolts. Also try and get the driveshaft from what ever you get the 44 out of. The pinion is a little longer on the 44 so it will be a bit tight if you haven't lifted the XJ.

Cool... good info. I'm doing some collecting for now before I lift it. Not very much info on Long Arm Reviews on this forum... so I'll have to ask some people their opinions on some long arm kits.

Fun fun!

Thanks again...

Anyone else with some more info on D44's that will fit easily or bolt in?

Back