• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers only work on HIGH

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just got my third Cherokee ( a 98 classic ). Everything works on this one, knock on wood, but the wipers only come on in the high position. Nothing happens in the INT or LOW position. Also if I shut them off, they stop wherever they are instead of returning to the park position. I searched and found some clues, but nothing right on the money. If anyone has encountered something similar or has some advice on what to check, please shout out, it is greatly appreciated!!!
Have a good Sunday!!:helpme:

I have the same problem, ever since I got the Heep two and a ahlf years ago. I just dealt with it. It does rain enough in SoCal to be bothered but if someone knows how to fix it I am all ears.

might need a new wiper control module.

fairly cheap.

its a small black box under the dash. I believe it has like a felt/velcro on one side where it attahches up under the dash

easy to replace

Is that module a dealer only item? I doubt the JY by me will have any newer Jeeps in it, and the only ones on eBay are for 86-96 Jeeps...will those work?
Thank

Back