• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Revved Up...

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
... and nuttin to SHOW!

A lowered, ground effect'd, P7'd 2 door XJ. It could work. Makes me think of how clean the old Datsun 510's lines are. How 'bout some pics, some art work; if the project is only that far along.

I'm pretty sure that I'll keep mine lifted. But that in no way means that if there's no rock rash, it aint a worthy project.

Let's see what being worked on.

Tim

I had a Datsun 510 four door built for total off road fun. Okay, so I was only 16 and it was all I could afford...but with the four doors and a built up 1600 I had a blast.....wonder what ever happeded to that beeter...

No pix but...

My future project rig is an 87 SWB MJ "Sportruck' 2wd 4.0l... bought it in 2001 for $300 IIRC with a blown-up Peugot 5 speed (sitting in the bed along with an unusable AX4?5) and a light hit on the F bumper & fenders.

Unclear yet if it will go together as a AX15 stick or auto, but leaning towards the AW4, since I may have a line on one cheap.

Parts on hand for it include 2 straight fenders & bumper. XJ Wagoneer (4 lights) nose, Tan XJ Buckets and XJ 'full' Console, Full gage set with tach. I also have a 89 MJ D44, and a fresh 3.92+ size Track Lock diff... and 4 '88 XJ Limited cast alloy wheels.

If it runs good, the goals include a 2+-" drop suspension (1" block/XJ Shackles R and TJ 2.5l coils, Bilstein? gas shocks) Urethane bushings all around, 235/60 tires, Probably 4.10:1 but maybe 4.56:1, plus a traction link & swaybar for the r axle. Only mild mods to the 4.0 (air tube/filter, hi alt CPS, new O2, stainless steel header to tailpipe) Tranny remote filter & cooler.

Inside will get those XJ interior pieces, fresh carpet, CB, stereo/amp, tinted windows, outside will get cleaned up, and a coat of 98 Chili Pepper Red (?) or another metallic red that is close to the OEM color. No chrome or flashy stuff...maybe not even anything that IDs it as a Jeep. Optima Red Top, 4 Hella E-codes and H3? bulbs.

Project budget is (hopefully) to have it finished for less than $2500, including the truck.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm searching for my next MJ. I'm wanting shoet bed 4.0 with the auto. And maybe it will need motor work so i can justfy rebuilding it with some goodies.

woody said:
Project budget is (hopefully) to have it finished for less than $2500, including the truck.

LOL calling SPOBI / B.S. on myself...

I made a basic list up this morning, and if my prices on parts are close to accurate, I'll be deep into the $3k range...not counting the truck OR paint, and that assumes that the 175k engine runs well.

Just like any other sort of Jeepin project...set a preliminary budget, then double it, and it might be enough to get ya there :bawl:

Web Wheelin is cheap though...$30/yr for NAXJA and $21.95 per month for dialup internet! Under $300 per year Woo Hoo :)

Back