• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blend doors problem?

Willy D

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all!

I'm new to this forum and I already have a question for ya. I have a 2000 XJ that has no heat or AC. When it went out there was a burning wire smell then way to much heat, 2 days later no heat at all and the AC disappeared also. I've flushed the system, changed the thermostat, waterpump, and dash controls, all to no avail. I guess the only thing left is blend doors. I've read some of the other threads on this but they seem to be mostly vacuum operated. I don't know if mine is or not. I've been told it's probably the motor for the doors and also that it's about a $1000 fix. Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Anyone have any ideas? I'd be glad for any input. Heck, I'll even do a "redneck" fix to it if it will get me by for now. Things get cold in SD in the winter, which is just around the corner.

I really couldent tell you... I just bought a 97 and the HVAC controls on it are crap! I guess they are electric? I dont know why jeep dident keep the old style cable HVAC controls atleast they worked. Maybe you could rig in controls from a first gen XJ?

I'm getting rid of the 97 as soon as i find a 1994ish in good shape.

Back