• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hole in transmission/flex plate?

tribaltalon

NAXJA Forum User
While under the jeep fixing the broken upper control arm mount, i noticed that there was a hole in my flexplate? i checked my oil and transmission fluid and both were still up to spec.. what should i do?? here's a pic. i need advice immediately!

IMG_0867.jpg

That's not a flexplate, it's an inspection cover. You might want to pull it off, and make sure your flexplate bolt are all tight going to your torque convertor.

that's just the inspection cover, but I'd still try to do something about that hole. Either get a new inspection cover and replace it, or use some sheet metal wedged in there somehow to cover it. Dirt, water and road grime will end up on the flexplate which could cause some problems down the road.

62qh8d5.jpg

If thats the hole your talking about its just where the bottom half of the inspection plate comes togeather with the rest of the plate. its normal

jeepthing07 said:
If thats the hole your talking about its just where the bottom half of the inspection plate comes togeather with the rest of the plate. its normal
X2. That's just slightly misaligned looking. Also, even if it were a hole, it's doing no more damage in terms of letting in dirt, mud, et cetera than the "drain gap" at the bottom.

Back