• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 XJ E-brake mod with Rusty's 4.5 lift

unimog2

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to find the write up on the modification somone did on the forum for modifying the E-brake cables after doing a Rusty's 4.5 lift. Can anyone out there throw me a bone?

Thanks
:helpme:

What I did to make mine work better is remove the cable stays from the under side of the tranny tunnel and move them back about 2.5" and reweld them on. Then I welded a length of threaded rod to a threaded bushing and screwed it on to the existing threaded rod to extend it and then reconnected the cable bracket to the new piece. It works just fine and allows much more flex without banjo stringing the e-brake cables.

Doesn't have to be a Rusty's lift mod does it? 4.5" lift requires roughly the same thing no matter who (or how crappy) made it - you'll find there's a lot of "issues" with Rusty. He's got some diehard fans on this board as well, but there's a dozen horror stories about Rusty for very fan out there.

Back to the e-brake cables: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/dana44.html#ebrake

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back