• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you guys keep your tires balanced?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Seems like every time I get back from wheeling my lt. front tire is out of balance... i'm assuming the crappy stick-on weights are getting ripped off somehow

what do you guys use for balancing?

I'm running 31"BFG AT's w/ about 3 1/2 ounces of .177 cal bb's inside the tire. You can also use the airsoft pellets, I just used regular BB's because I already had them. The only time I've had an adverse affect was when I locked em up, got alot of tire bounce because BB's kept spinning.

do a web search for "tire balancing beads". i've been using them for about a year, happy with the performance.

airsoft pellets work wonders

CanMan said:
Depending on the tire and other problems, it can take anywhere from 6-14 oz.

I'm running 34x10.5 LTB's on a 8" rim and have 6 oz in each tire and it rides pretty decent

trailbound xj said:
I'm running 34x10.5 LTB's on a 8" rim and have 6 oz in each tire and it rides pretty decent
Have the same tires on beadlocks with 8oz, good up to around 65-70, I dont drive it any faster than that, and thats a rarity.

Everytime you get back from wheeling eh? Are the weights falling off then sticking themselves back on, then falling off the next wheeling trip

I've got roughly 2500 airsoft bb's in each tire with my 35" mtr's and TR beadlocks, it is smoother now that it was when I actually ballanced the steel wheels

i'm running about 1500 bb's or 225 grams of bb's in my 31's. feels like riding on smooth glass

BOX said:
X2 on this chart & the beads themselves. I use the 10oz ez-open bags w/ my 37X13.5 Claws on 15X10 Steelies. Its much smoother than actual wheel weights.

At the moment I'm testing both Dynabeads, and centramatic. While I like the concept of centramatic much better, I must admit, I'm having better results with Dynabeads. I also used the chart as a base for amount to use. I've actually had best results using 20% less product then the chart indicates. However, that could be based on the tire type etc.

Back