• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Add-a-leafs or springs??

It really depends on what you plan on doing with your rig. There are a ton of threads on this topic. A search will give you more info than you ever wanted.

Good luck.

99XJeeper said:
I think he was going for AAL or full leaf springs, if thats the case spend the extra money on full leafs and sag wont be an issue.

how much extra are we talking? and whats the difference between full leaf and AAL (Add-A-Leaf is what I think your abbreviating)

sorry i ask so many questions, offroadin fascinates me and i wanna start up a project but i gotta do hw before i spend the money

buy the full packs man. aal just adds an additional one to the pack which sags and has a horrible ride.

Full Leaf = You get a complete set of leaf springs.
AAL = you get one leaf per side that you install into your current leaf packs.

I started with AALs and would highly recommend going with new leafs (full leaf pack). AALs are cheap but don't hold up and ride stiff.

Search 'AAL' and you will find tons of info.

Glen

AAl (add a leaf) will sag your leafs over time and you will just end up going with full leafs in the end so get full leafs to start with and you will be fine. You can find lift leafs for a good price in the for sale section on many of the jeep forums.

Back