• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

breakage! (passenger short arm mount)

tribaltalon

NAXJA Forum User
so i flexed out the jeep a little on my property, and wasnt getting much, and then POP and got alot more flex. now, what should i do? just get the mount rewelded, get another mount or what??

jeepflex3.jpg

jeepflex4.jpg

Remove the upper arm and loose the mount altogether.

3-links fronts are common. I wouldn't even worry about it.

You might want to start thinking about some control arms with flex joints though, 3-links are really flexy and you will wear out stock rubber bushings in a hurry. Oh yea, limiting staps would help too, you dont want your brake lines going "TWANG", ask me how I know! :doh:

re weld the mount in the original position. then guesset it with a piece of .25 flat stock in the shape of a triangle and plate the front and rear of the mount with 3/16 flat stock.

i am assuming you do not have long arms... so DO NOT run one upper arm, your road manners will suck and the jeep will dive under braking. if you want to do a 3 link, take some measurements, run it through a calculator and do it that way. the point of owning a jeep is to make things stronger/better for conditions, not take away parts that add strength to vital components, ie, the axle.

not a problem...everytime something like that brakes, i say 2 things..it needed fixing anyways, and whats the best way to up grade it. if i were you, rock krawler 3-link would be the way i go

cox_xj is nominated!:twak:

Go with rehab's advise. It's a fairly common repair.

i didn't install it

PO did, theres a valve body inside the rig, open the valves and it acts like a shock, allows movement, close it and its a rigid link

I like how someone does something as simple as break a UCA mount and there is always someone there to tell them to throw a shit load of money at the problem....

where did you find the long arms for 480? on rock krawler they are 599 before shipping.. if i could find them that cheap i'd do it. I'm probably just gonna have the mount re welded and truss it good for now, and maybe later upgrade to long arms after i upgrade the steering and get some gears.

cox_xj said:
um....its a hydraulic ram

i dont want to thread jack so if you'd like to discuss it and the theory behind its operation in this application shot me a PM

i'd love to hear this theory and operation of the said application. why not start a new thread and explain with pics the entire story. i'm sure alot of people would love to hear.

lol

Back