• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump crapping out - looking for replacement

BlueGerbil

NAXJA Forum User
My fuel pump is starting to make noises - so I think she´ll crap out in the next weeks.

I´m planing on stroking the engine later on, so I´m looking to buy "the right things" - so: is there anything "better" than a OE replacement of the fuel pump - some "heavy-duty-high-flow-bulletproof-you-know-what-I-mean-thingie"???

walbro is always a favorite in my book for pretty much anything. just make sure you have some way of regulating the pressure at the fuel rail.
mounting a high flow pump might be a challenge. i've never done one in a xj

I bought a generic, in tank holly unit that supports 350hp. It is a little smaller than the oe one so you have to use some zip ties or big hose clamps to hold it in place. works fine though. cost about 85 bucks

I bought at Rockauto a new ACdelco fuel pump for my cherokee xj 1998. I ordered an ACDelco fuel pump (model EP2076) and they send me a Walbro pump GSS310 10707-1.
I heard that Walbro is a good brand but i´m not sure that is the correct model to my cherokee. Anybody know if this one will fits in my cherokee?

thank you.

The stock pump will work fine for the stroker, I don't know of anyone running a different pump (doesn't mean there aren't any, but those I know of run the stock pump). Keep it simple and just get a replacement pump.

I am running a 4.7 stroker, and I am running a holly aftermarket pump. It was just as easy to install as the oe and it cost less at the parts store, provides more fuel and runs quieter. I believe I chose the one for a 4.6l mustang cobra.

airtek and mcmaster are garbage

i went through a handful of those in a week before i finally settled on a bosch unit

Back