• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ Stallling

jghall

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, hope someone can give me a hand here... My 97 XJ 4.0 auto stalls (completely dies, no warning just dies no rough idle, hesitation etc dies) when I am sitting in stop & go traffic and the temp gets a few degrees above normal... When it dies, the temp is just slightly above 210, its not like its overheating or anything... If the temp goes slightly above 210 (a quarter of the way between 210 and the next white mark) it dies... So it only happens if I'm sitting still in traffic on a very hot day... After it dies, it turns over but does not crank... Let it sit for 15 min and all is well, cranks up and drive off with no further issues. Its done it 7 or 8 times in the past year... In the past year the following have been replaced/upgraded; new header, flowmater 50 series and magnaflow high flow converter & both O2 Sensors; new Firepower 4.0 ignition kit (wires, coil, cap , rotor and plugs) new Rustys motor mounts, new CPS, TPS and NSS.... I have checked when it dies and I have fuel at the rail when it dies... Sounds like maybe a sensor or relay getting hot but????? Also, it was doing this before any upgrades... Maybe ASD relay, CPS PCM??? Thanks for any help...

Hey, thanks for the heads up.... Anythings worth a try... I'll do it this weekend and see what happens... It may be a while before I know cause it diesn't happen that often, and it actuall runs fine... But like I said, Ill try anything... Thanks....

Back