• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yes, More BB questions

morganxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have a 2000 XJ with the upcounty package. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, as I have 19 inches between the axle and flare lip. Everyone local I spoke with said the up-country only gave about an inch of lift over stock.
I am looking at adding a rocky road 3" BB to my existing suspension. I know I will need shocks, but can anyone think of any other problems/issues I may run into? I will probably need a T/C drop, but what else?
Thanks in advance,
C.J.

1-You had better budget for a SYE kit
2-You may have front driveshaft issues if you dont purchase some adj. uca's since you have a LP D30!

Last edited:
i have a 2000 xj with 3.5 inch superflex from rubicon express. i also installed the 1 inch shackles they have too. no problems with the front shaft, i do have adj uppers and lowers. only slight vibe from rear ds at about 30mph. no sye.

2000bluexj said:
i have a 2000 xj with 3.5 inch superflex from rubicon express. i also installed the 1 inch shackles they have too. no problems with the front shaft, i do have adj uppers and lowers. only slight vibe from rear ds at about 30mph. no sye.

That is another option I am looking into. What kind of total lift did you get with the RE kit? I've always heard it was more like 4.5"
I really don't want to do a SYE. I'm not a hard core offroader, but my rig is an emergency vehicle, so I need it to be relatively capable.
Thanks again!

Track bar.
Sway bar mounts.
Like mentioned, front pinion angle. Caster also ties into this, so adjustable control arms would be a good idea.
Getting SYE and driveshaft is not as big of a deal as it is made out to be. Do it right and you won't regret it.
Are you going bigger tires too? If so, bumpstops.
Brake Lines.

I'm sure there is more.

why add the blocks when your already sitting pretty good. add a
2 inch shackle instead.

lancey3 said:
why add the blocks when your already sitting pretty good. add a
2 inch shackle instead.

So would that avoid most issues? Just 2" shackle in rear and 2" spacers in front??
If so, I could live with that. I really want to stay around a 30" tire, but with plenty of room. I have the factory LSD in the 8.25 rear and an ARB up front. Other than a slight boost, all I plan to do is add a winch then call it quits.........maybe LOL!
Thx!

Back