• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5 -> 4"

Slonopotam

NAXJA Member #1358
Hi,

I have a sagged RE 3.5" lift on (2 years). It looks like I will be getting on adjustable upper arms this weekend and adjustable trackbar in a month or so.

Now, I am thinking about spending $150 or so and geting myself RE2700 shackle and some coil spring spacer to get to somewhere 4".

May be I will need longer brake lines in the front.

It looks like that would be very close to what RE offers for 4.5" lift.

Is it a good idea or not, are there any shortcomings, besides steeper lower arms angle [how bad is it going to be ??]?

Thank you,
Andrey

This sounds similar to what i did and you won't need longer brake lines if you're gonna bring it to 4 or 4.5" of lift and for the control arms you won't have to get longer ones. The ones you got with the 3.5" lift will be long enough, just make sure you get an alignment afterward to make sure your axle isn't twisted.

yeah the lower arms for the 3.5 are the same for the 4.5 RE lift, only in the 4.5 you get uppers too which you are getting. I will say one thing though, if you are planning on disconnecting your sway bar then.. I would recomend longer break lines for when you are flexed out. I went from 3.5 to 4.5" including discos and went for the longer break lines so i never have to worry about ripping one out.

Back