• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

27 spline vs 29 spline 8.25

nick86

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know what yrs they switched? Also witch is preferred?

rule of thumb 97, and 29 spline is a bit stronger

29 spline 8.25 is D44-ish in strength overall. CRASH has a heckuva writeup on relative axle strengths etc in the "stickies" section. Check it out.

mine is a 96 Country. So you all think 27 spline? or 29?

not to get o/t too much. but the kids like to go mudding, no rock crawling here for me. And since we do get 10 to 12 inches of snow at a time. Would you spend $ for lunchbox for the front or the rear? Any snowbounder's speak up. I would think start w/ front first to pull you thru snow.

Lockers will take some getting used to on the snow and ice. You may even decide you hate them after awhile. If $$$ permits, I would recommend a selectable locker like the ARB. Best of both worlds!!!

I am pretty sure that a 96 is only 27 spline.

I run true-tracs in the front and rear of mine and IMO they work really well in snow and ice. I spend a couple weeks in Colorado every year and I wanted something that would do well in all driving conditions and the true-tracs seemed to give the best all around performance. Best of all you cant even tell they are there on the street but on the trail I did notice a big improvement over the stock setup. They were a little on the pricey side but I think they are worth the money.

i stand corrected, you could always take your vin number to a chrysler dealer, if they run the number they may be able to tell you.

Back